How to Make the Most of Your Mini-Moon Honeymoon
Exhausted by planning (er, re-planning) your wedding? Annoyed by the daily changes affecting travel and wedding planning? Nervous to splurge on that once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon experience when your dream destination is not open or just opening to American travelers?!
It is time to take a deep breath and think outside of the box with a mini-moon. A mini-moon could be a placeholder for a bigger trip in the future, a way of celebrating while you wait for your ideal destination to be open for travelers, or a wonderful way to save.
I am Cara Cartee, the founder of CMC Events & Travel. I am an expert in designing and planning THE ultimate honeymoon and trips with a ‘wow’ factor.
Whether you are thinking about one mini-moon, or a mini-moon and honeymoon combination (MANY-moon), there are some outstanding options both within the U.S. and right in our backyard.
Benefits to Planning Mini-Moons:
- Go back to basics: What do you truly want out of your honeymoon and why? Really thinking through hobbies and what you enjoy doing together allows your travel planner to offer this in unique and special options throughout your trip.
- The USA has it all—romance, adventure, water, mountains…it’s time to explore.
- Mini-mooning in the USA is an excellent way to support small business and the still suffering tourism industry.
- No passport required!
- Affordability: You don’t have to postpone that Instagram worthy honeymoon forever! But with a little ingenuity, you can probably do both, and make them special in different ways.
- Familiarity with COVID-19 updates and most up-to-date safety protocols: While it still varies greatly from state to state, knowledge of what’s most current is easier to track nationally.
Need More Ideas? Visit @heartofncweddings Instagram stories, to see Cara plan a flawless “Away” Moon in Napa and a “Stay” Moon in the Triangle-area.
Napa Valley vs Local: The Mini-Moon Honeymoon Lowdown
Napa Valley: For the ultimate romantics and those with a more flexible budget, Napa Valley offers unbelievable culinary and wine experiences, beautiful landscape and so many areas to explore. Check out our favorite hotels: Auberge du Soleil and Farmhouse Inn.
Local: If you are lucky enough to live in the Triangle, there are tons of ways to make your mini-moon feel worlds away. This option is more budget friendly, yet still offers the outdoors, multiple unique downtowns and lots of cool activities. Also, luxury is in no short supply here, whether you stay at The Umstead Hotel & Spa or the newly opened Heights House Hotel.
A Travel Planner You Can Trust
Cara Cartee is Heart of NC Weddings’ favorite recommended travel planner. She has even been awarded Top Travel Specialist 2021 by Conde Nast Traveler!
The luxury and lifestyle travel magazine recognized Cara and CMC Events & Travel for the ability to always pull off the impossible and spare her clients on the logistics. Cara is known for being all about details in the experiences she cultivates. That includes leisure vacations, action-packed honeymoons, bachelorette parties and more!
Read more about CMC Events & Travel and why we recommend Cara on our website here.