The Matthews House – Historic Home and Garden Wedding Venue in Cary NC
Nestled in a cozy corner of downtown Cary, The Matthews House is a historic home that was built in 1915. The Matthews House offers an intimate wedding venue with a southern elegance and urban versatility. It was renovated and modernized while keeping the elegant charm of its past intact. Inside the venue, couples will find beautiful decor and furnishings reminiscent of the Greek Renaissance period with high ceilings, fireplaces, wide moldings and heart pine floors – making this home one of simple charm and beauty.
Couples will also love the convenience of the location of The Matthews House while still enjoying the space between itself and downtown Raleigh. In a central area of North Carolina, it is located in the triangle area of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. Being a bit removed from the city gives guests a respite from the city vibe, ample parking, and lets them enjoy the beautiful charm of The Matthews House that the region is historically known for.
Downtown Cary Wedding Venue with Picture Perfect Landscape and Backdrops
The downtown Cary, NC wedding venue has beautifully landscaped grounds for your outdoor ceremony and a grand ballroom for indoor celebrations. With manicured gardens, historic Southern home, stunning space under large oak trees, and Greek revival architecture, The Matthews House is the perfect venue for every couple’s wedding day celebrations.
In-House Catering Partner
What Couples Are Saying
“We had our wedding in at The Matthews House and the experience was perfect. Ever since we first reached out to Sarah to inquire, we felt heard and taken care of. Some highlights of booking at The Matthews House:
– The process of touring, booking, and payments was easy and quick. Sarah was always up front and honest about what The Matthews House offers, and it is a great deal for what you receive!
– The Matthews House has very few required vendors, but they do a fantastic job about giving suggestions and partners. I never felt forced to book with a certain vendor, but they were awesome when it came to recommendations. It felt nice to be able to personalize my day as I wanted!
– When booking, you receive a day-of coordinator, and this is awesome (plus it saves a lot of money). Jannette was amazing – she was always super responsive to emails, took a long of attention to detail during our meetings, and was so efficient during our day to be a ninja and make sure everything ran smoothly.
– The Matthews House truly cares about what you want. We wanted an outdoor wedding and had multiple rain back-up plans. It was sprinkling the few hours leading up to our ceremony but lightened right as our ceremony began. My husband and I decided we still wanted it outside and they allowed us to do so but were carefully watching the radar and preparing for a backup plan just in case. It felt great to know they were giving so much attention to detail, but also didn’t force us to go inside. They wanted me to be happy, and we are so happy with our decision!
– Talk about a stress-free day! I sent Jannette all our information before the wedding and dropped our decor when we got in town (we moved a few months before the wedding). I didn’t lift a finger on my wedding day! Jannette took care of everything and made sure all vendors arrived and were set up, all our decor was out, and everything. The place was gorgeous. It was nice to trust someone who knew what works best at the venue. I don’t think anything went wrong on our day, but if it did, I had no idea!
– The house is beautiful. The inside of the home is gorgeous. The ballroom is newly painted with brand new chairs and they’re beautiful. The grounds are very well taken care of and great for photos. The Bridal Suite is comfortable, light, and a special place, and there’s plenty of great light in the home that’s a photographers dream.” – Amanda F.