Winter Wedding Ideas for the Perfect Winter Soiree
Now that we’re in the thick of winter wedding season, it’s the perfect time to swoon over some winter wedding inspiration. The options are endless when it comes to planning a winter wedding, no matter how cold it gets! Don’t tell the spring and summer brides, but winter weddings can be the most dreamy of them all! From decor that pairs perfectly with snowflakes, to ways to keep your guests warm, we have all the winter wedding ideas for planning a perfect wonderland.
- Backup plan: Winter, just like any other season, can bring unexpected weather. Make sure you have a backup plan for your winter wedding in case anything happens where you need to move venues, postpone, or cancel. You cannot control the weather, so do not stress out about it!
2. Indoor venues: When picking a venue for your winter wedding, consider a spacious indoor space, depending on where you live and/or COVID-19 restrictions. You may be able to get away with having parts of your wedding outdoors if you live in the South, but in case your day turns out to be cold, plan to hold your gathering indoors!
3. Winter wedding colors: When planning your winter wedding colors, pull from the season. Thinking of a December wedding? Pops of red and gold can add the perfect touch. For the rest of winter, muted or deep colors like emerald green, purple and navy blue will definitely make a statement.
4. Winter greenery: Spring isn’t the only season with beautiful nature. Pinecones, branches and frosted greenery can make for romantic centerpieces and winter wedding decor. If you are going for a more winter wonderland feel, you can even add pine trees and fake snow to your decor!
5. Winter florals: Flowers such as snowdrops, violas, roses and winter jasmines are beautiful winter florals. Since they either bloom in the winter or withstand the cold, they can be a perfect addition to your winter wedding. Consider adding them to your bouquet or centerpieces!
6. Mistletoe: Out of all the winter florals, mistletoe probably tops them all! Bring the holiday spirit to your winter wedding by hanging mistletoe around the space for added fun. It can also be used as a prop for photos!
7. Winter warmth: Candles can be romantic and inviting pieces of winter wedding decor. Both real and LED candles produce the same effect! White lights create a warm atmosphere, and twinkle lights around the room or on tables can add a touch of whimsy.
8. Hand warmers: Alongside the program, add hand warmers to each guest’s chair if your ceremony is taking place outside!
9. Blankets or throws: Place one on every chair, or in baskets at the door of the reception for guests to use throughout the night. You could even get them personalized for guests to take home as wedding favors!
10. Warm decor: Place fur throws, pillows and other soft accessories around your space so your guests feel warm and comfortable all night long! Plush accessories can create a relaxing atmosphere for your winter reception.
11. Ornaments: Ornaments are probably the easiest winter item to decorate with! You can have them match your wedding colors, and hang them on greenery or your centerpieces. They can also be used as favors at the end of the night!
12. Socks: Cute socks can be another favor idea, and your guests can keep their feet warm while they are on the dance floor!
13. Shawls: You and your bridesmaids can stay warm in gorgeous shawls or fur stoles. There are many styles to choose from, and they all look incredibly chic.
14. Comfort food: Your guests are sure to enjoy warm, comforting food at your reception. Soups, savory pies, melty cheese and classic meat and potatoes are delicious options to keep everyone cozy and warm.
15. Hot chocolate: Serving hot chocolate at the reception can be a fun way to keep your guests warm and entertained. Turn it into a hot chocolate bar with different flavors and toppings, or you can send your guests home with a DIY kit! Turn it up a notch by adding alcohol to the mix for a fun treat.
16. Specialty cocktails: For added fun during the reception, serve specific cocktails for your guests to enjoy! Cocktails with whiskey or bourbon are perfect options for winter weddings.
17. Tea: Hot tea can be another great refreshment served at the wedding reception. You can also personalize tea bags for guests to take home!
18. S’mores bar: A winter wedding won’t be complete without a s’mores bar! To get everyone involved in the fun, start a bonfire where everyone gets to roast their own marshmallows. This can also be another dessert option as opposed to a wedding cake!
19. Pie: What’s more comforting than a warm slice of pie? This can be a great alternative than the traditional wedding cake, and you can also serve different flavors!
20. Sparklers: Sparklers are a fun way to see off the newlyweds, and they also make for fantastic photos!
With all of these options, there’s no doubt that winter weddings are simply the best! For more winter wedding ideas and inspiration, be sure to check out our blogs here!